Ipswich Choral Society is keen to support local charities, both financially with fund-raising events and by raising awareness amongst ICS members and concert audiences. Home-Start East Ipswich & Coastal has been chosen as our nominated charity for 2017. Look out for collection buckets at Ipswich Choral Society concerts and events.
About Home-Start East Ipswich & Coastal
In an ideal world Home-Start wouldn’t be needed. But for many parents the pressures of family life are simply too much to cope with alone. There are so many reasons for this including -poverty, illness, family breakdowns, isolation, addiction and physical and mental health issues.
And this is where Home-Start steps in…
Home-Start East Ipswich & Coastal aims to give children the best possible start in life. We support parents to grow in confidence, strengthen their relationships with their children, improve their Health and wellbeing and widen their links locally.
The Home-Start Approach –
Home-Start has a proven, lasting, positive impact on the development of children and the health and welfare of the family.
Our Mission –
Home-Start offers a unique service. We recruit and train volunteers, who are usually parents themselves, to visit families at home and offer them informal, friendly and confidential support. The families we help have at least one child under 12.
To help give children the best possible start in life, Home-Start supports parents as they grow in confidence, strengthen their relationship with their children and widen their links with the local community.
Our vision –
Home-Start wants to see a society in which all parents have the support they need to give their children the best start in life by:
- Offering support and friendship
- Visiting families at home, where the dignity and identity of individuals can be respected and protected
- Developing relationships with the family in which they gain time to share their thoughts
- Encouraging parents’ strengths and wellbeing for the benefit of their children
- Encouraging families to widen their network enabling them to access support and services
- Encouraging and providing practical assistance to ensure that parents are attending required health appointments for themselves and dependents.
For further information on the work of Home-Start East Ipswich & Coastal, getting involved and upcoming events, please visit www.homestarteastsuffolk.org.uk
Home-Start East Ipswich & Coastal
Registered charity no. 1105001
Company no. 5169779